Comprehensive, flexible and competitive programming for juniors ages 3 to 18. Programming is broken down into four levels: Junior Intro, Junior Development, Junior Competitive and Junior Elite. If you are unsure of what program is best for your child, please contact our Director of Junior Tennis, Drew Martin at (269) 387-0410.
Register for Junior Tennis Programs
Junior Intro Program
The Junior Intro Program will introduce players to basic tennis skills, scoring, court positioning, and etiquette. Age appropriate 10 and under equipment will be used to aid in skill and confidence building. Guests receive member pricing for all introductory classes.
- Ages 3-6 Red Players will be introduced to simple stroke mechanics, balance, throwing, catching, and footwork. A 36’ court, a softer and slower ball, and a lower net will be used to aid in skill and confidence building.
- Ages 7-8 Red Players in this age group will be working on developing rally skills, working with a partner, footwork, and stroke mechanics with the goal of working toward point play. A 36’ court will be used to help develop rally skills, and develop confidence.
- Ages 9-11 Orange Players will learn the fundamental grips, footwork, and swing paths. Rally and serve skills will be a predominate theme, with the goal of playing points. A 60’ court and a slower orange ball will be used to help develop rally skills and confidence.
- Ages 12–18 Green/Yellow Players will learn fundamental grips, footwork, and stroke mechanics. An emphasis on rally and serve skills will help players to learn the fundamentals of how to play a match.
Our Development program is designed to bring an understanding of the sport, placing an emphasis on proper grips, stroke production and footwork patterns through repetition and point play. Prior tennis experience is necessary.
- Ages 6-8 Red Fri. Players will learn about topspin, a basic service motion, proper volley technique, and rally and point play skills. A 36’ court and a slower red ball will be used to enhance the learning experience and help develop confidence.
- Ages 9-11 Orange M/W Players will continue to develop spins, more advance stroke mechanics, footwork patterns, service motion, and net skills. A 60’ court and a slower orange ball will be used to enhance the learning experience and help develop confidence.
- Ages 12-18 Green/Yellow M/W Players will be continuing on a path to develop skills necessary for playing matches. Serves, stroke mechanics, net play, and footwork patterns will all be emphasized.
Programs at this level cater to players embarking on a more advanced level of tennis. Players who are members and participate in the Junior Competitive Program receive FREE walk-on court time during the term they are enrolled in. This program requires prior tennis experience.
- Ages 9-11 Orange M/W
- Ages 9-11 Green T/Th
- Ages 12-14 Yellow T/W/Th
- Ages 15-18 Yellow T/Th
Programs at this level cater to players embarking on a more advanced level of tennis. Concepts including stroke production, strategy and conditioning are covered. Emphasis is placed on stroke production, strategy, footwork and match play through drills and games. Players who are members and participate in the Junior Competitive Program receive FREE walk-on court time during the term they are enrolled in. This program requires prior tennis experience.